Friday, March 23, 2012

Smile for the Camera


I made this cake for my sisters 20th birthday. As you can probably tell, she loves photography. I made a replica of the camera that she has, a Nikon D3000. I put as much detail as I could but some things were wayyyy too small to even be written. I made both the camera and the cake underneath of chocolate cake, and vanilla icing. My sister really wanted peppermint too so I crushed up peppermints and put them in the icing in the larger cake. I'm really happy with how this turned out since it was my first sculpted cake. I had no help and it took me awhile but I love how it turned out, and my sister was really surprised. :)
I used chocolate fondant on the camera because my sister isn't a huge fan of other fondant. When she cut into the camera she couldn't stop eating it because according to her, it tasted like JosLouis. If you don't know what a Jos Louis is, you probably should go find out because you've had a sad childhood.

Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment