Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Canned Icing Cake

I made this cake for my sister's boyfriend, Kevin, as a going away cake. He was going away for field hockey training, so it only seemed fitting that I made a cake with his jersey on it. This cake wasn't homemade, so I decided to spice it up by using food colour to make grass and the jersey. I used a grass tip for the green, and just used a spatula for the white of the jersey. I ended up using one of the icings that come in a squeeze tube for the outline, the lines down the middle and the number. I was really happy with how this came out since it was my first time decorating a cake with icing, rather than just putting the icing on with a spatula and leaving it flat.
I was also really excited when I saw the look on Kevin's face when he realized that it was his jersey! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment